Naiharwa | नैहरवा | Soundful Meaning | The comfort of my parents' home is not enough for me anymore .. |


 

Kabir, in his mystical style of poetry, compares one's longing for the ultimate to the painful yet sweet longing of a bride - a bride who no longer finds her parents' home pleasing, who is not satisfied by all of its comforts, but now longs only for her beloved.


He goes on to describe how his Sadhguru is the only one who can show him the way and how this thirst can be quenched only from within.

Lord Kabir


The comfort of my parents' home is not enough for me anymore,
It doesn’t please me.
My parents' home...


The land of my beloved...a place so beautiful!
The place that is beyond coming and going!
Where there is no moon, sun, air or water ...
Who will take my message there?


Who will relay my pain to the beloved?
I have no one other than Sadhguru
The only one who can show me the way!


Says Kabir, listen O seeker
The beloved will come to you, like in a dream...
And quench the thirst of your burning heart!



Translation

My natal home appeals no more.

The town of God is so very beautiful,
but no one goes or comes from there.
There is neither the sun or the moon, nor wind or water.
Who will take my message there?
Who will talk of my pain to God?

I cannot see the path to go forward,
One blames the past for it.
Which way shall I go to my husband’s home ? (my love in a feminine form)
This separation burns me intensely,
this poisonous blood (unsure?) makes me dance to its tune.

There is none else but my good Guru
who can tell me this secret.
Kabir says ‘Listen O good peopleO brothers,
The Lord (my beloved) comes in my dream
and quenches the burning of my soul’.

Post a Comment

0 Comments